Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Unwinding: Intro Post



A few months ago, I challenged people to read some or all of the "6 books to Understand Trump's Win" from the New York Times article. We will read the first book of this series, The Unwinding by George Packer, in January and February. It's not necessary, but it would be fun if you'd comment below to let me know if you're reading the book so I can be sure to follow your blog! 

The Unwinding is separated into 3 parts, and I will have discussion questions for each part. You do not have to read at the same pace as me. But if you're interested, you can make a blog post of your thoughts, or just write your thoughts in my comments section for each discussion post. 

Part 1 Discussion Post: January 23rd

Part 2 Discussion Post: February 6th

Part 3 Discussion Post: February 27th

Would people be interested in starting a Google Doc discussion as well? If so, I can set that up. 

9 comments:

  1. I look forward to your commentary on this book.I looks very good and it looks to be very informative.

    Though it is uncharacteristic of me, I am too upset over the current situation to read something like this right now. I think that it is a very that thing that you are making the effort to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in a google doc discussion :) I'm pleasantly surprised to be able to get this without a waitlist at my library and I'm excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get this from the library when we get to FL around mid month. Fingers crossed it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have this ordered at the library. Am looking forward to discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading it. Have it out and should start in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure if I can read at a pace that will match your check-in posts, but I will finish by Feb. 27 to take part in a final discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this book and discussion. Thanks for hosting us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping to pick up a copy this weekend. I look forward exchanging thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this book when it was first published and it led to a complete reversal in my opinion of the status quo which was best delineated in "Listen Liberal". Excellent books.

    ReplyDelete